The EW 2017 Global Statistics Report
ELEVATOR WORLD has released its 2017 Global Statistics Report on the elevator industry. The new name for the Vertical Transportation Industry Profile (published biyearly for nearly a decade), it is a 104-page culmination of the EW staff’s gathering of hard-to-find statistics. In addition to the main draw of industry statistics, it includes:
- An update on “The U.S. Industry at Large,” an exclusive article that details the new-installation, modernization, maintenance and supply-of-components segments in the country.
- Statistics on KONE, Otis, Schindler, thyssenkrupp, Toshiba, Fujitec, Wittur Group, Mitsubishi Electric and KLEEMANN
- The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat’s “Tall Building Predictions for 2017”
- Market Trends reports on Chicago, Saudi Arabia, China, the Mid-Atlantic and India
- “Locating Codes, Standards and AECO Certifications” from the National Elevator Industry, Inc.
- A comprehensive list of industry publications/media
The meat of the book, the “International Statistical Database,” is a compilation of data from industry associations and EW’s network of correspondents, contacts and subscribers. There are updated numbers for all of Europe and for more U.S. states, and Asian and Middle Eastern countries than ever. For the U.S. and Canada, numbers are totaled and broken down by state/province. The categories include, if applicable, existing elevators (passenger and freight), escalators (standard and heavy duty), dumbwaiters and moving walks, and modernizations. Further breakdowns for elevator type (including machine-room-less, hydraulic or geared/gearless) can be found, where available. The edition of the elevator code used in an AHJ is also indicated, if known.
EW would like to thank the many contributors who made this its most comprehensive statistics report yet. It is available only in PDF format from www.elevatorbooks.com.