NAEC NOLA Convention Safety Update
As the National Association of Elevator Contractors (NAEC) Convention and Trade Show on October 4-7 approaches, the NAEC team is keeping an eye on the COVID-19 situation in New Orleans and staying in contact with the New Orleans Convention Bureau and the Louisiana Governor’s Office. In an email sent on August 3, NAEC reported the following as the current state of COVID-19 in Louisiana:
- A statewide mask mandate for indoor events has been reinstated through September 1.
- New Orleans has the highest vaccination rate in the state of Louisiana, with just over 71.4% of adults aged 18 and older having at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- 64.7% of all New Orleans residents are fully vaccinated.
- 94% of cases in the state since July have occurred in people who have not received vaccinations.
- The CDC is confirming that less than 1% of those fully vaccinated have any breakthrough infections.
The email indicates that no further mandates or travel limits are expected but NAEC is continuing to monitor the situation and will provide updates on its website.