Historic NYC Landmark Flatiron Building Sells for US$190 Million

Photo: nadirco - stock.adobe.com

The historic Flatiron Building at 175 Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, NY, sold to Jacob Garlick’s Abraham Trust at auction on March 22 for US$190 million, The Daily Dirt is among outlets to report. The auction was the culmination of a disagreement between Sorgente Group, Jeff Gural’s SFP Real Estate and ABS Real Estate Partners, which together owned 75% of the building, and Nathan Silverstein, who owned the other 25%, over how to move the property forward after sole tenant Macmillan Publishers moved out in 2019. Despite the clash between Silverstein and the other owners, some work — including elevator upgrades — has been done. The interior has been gutted and the space is ready for central air conditioning installation. Gural said he was “totally shocked that somebody would bid so much for the building,” while Garlick told sources including NY1 it’s been his “lifelong dream” to own the Flatiron Building.

Get more of Elevator World. Sign up for our free e-newsletter.

Please enter a valid email address.
Something went wrong. Please check your entries and try again.
Image courtesy of CTBUH

CTBUH Announces New Assemblies

Groundbreaking ceremony for the Habtoor Tower; image © Al Habtoor Group

One of the World’s Largest Buildings Planned for Dubai

KEB Canada Regional Sales Manager Scott Froehle; image courtesy of KEB America.

KEB America Opens New Sales Office in Ontario, Canada

Hyundai Elevator CEO Cho Jae-cheon speaks during the launch event of the company’s advanced elevator maintenance service Miri; image courtesy of Hyundai Elevator.

Hyundai Elevator Launches Advanced Elevator Maintenance Service

Looking north from Metropolitan Road to the park and hotel;  image courtesy of Z01 for Sunray Group

Self-Sustaining Community Proposed for Toronto Suburb

Mumbai Divsion of Central Railway To Install Nearly 50 Escalators at Stations

Mumbai Division of Central Railway To Install Nearly 50 Escalators at Stations

New elevators at Livonia Avenue Station; photo courtesy of TAP Electric

Brooklyn Subway Station Modernization With Elevators Wins Award

Rome Colosseum; photo by Andrea Spallanzani for Pixabay

Elevator Debuts at Rome Colosseum After Five Years of Construction