In this Product Spotlight, an Italian manufacturer showcases two offerings.
AreaLift, a division of LiftingItalia, has released its redesigned screw-driven platform lift, DomoFlex 2. Based on the DomoFlex platform launched in 2015 and sold in more than 45 countries, DomoFlex 2 has completely new mechanics, car frame, door and finishes. It is available in both “closed” and “open” options for indoor and outdoor installations. Thanks to its “open” version and 1,100-mm gate, DomoFlex 2 can be installed in attics with reduced heights. It can also be installed in masonry shafts. Main features of the new DomoFlex 2 are:
- 15-m maximum travel distance
- No pit or masonry work required (50-mm pit)
- 0.15 m/s speed
- Single, opposite, adjacent or triple entrances
- Ride comfort and noiseless thanks to the new “silent pack” (less than 48 dB tested)
- Installation time: two stops/two days/two installers
- Made of extruded aluminum (structure, mechanics casings, guide rails, push-button panel and doors)
- EN 81-41 compliant and certified
AreaLift also offers EasyPlat, a platform lift designed to overcome architectural barriers. It is comfortable for two people standing or a wheelchair user and another person.
The EasyPlat platform has been on the market since 2020. EasyPlat is a simple solution for all environments: a private house, a block of apartments or public buildings such as offices, shops or restaurants. It guarantees comfort and has been designed for up to 3 m safe travel distance. EasyPlat’s main features are:
- 3-m maximum travel distance
- Double control panels on both sides
- The column- or wall-mounted pushbutton panel (both with wireless buttons) can be positioned where the customer wishes close to the platform.
- Electromechanical motor with belt drive
- Less than 30-dB noise
- Pit not required: integrated ramp
- CE mark in compliance to BS6440-2011 and D.M. 2006/42/CE