ELEVATOR WORLD’S 2021 Photo Contest is now open for voting. The ninth-annual contest features nine categories, including a new category.
How to Vote:
- Choose a category from the drop down menu. Scroll over the photo you would like to vote for and click on the heart icon. This will open a new screen with the selected photo. Then, click the “Vote For This Photo” button.
- You can then even share that image to your social media channels or invite your friends or colleagues to vote.
- Anyone can vote once per IP address per 24 hours. However, you can vote in as many categories as you like. Please note that if your company shares an IP address for all employees that only one vote will count within the 24 hour time period. In this situation, we encourage people to also vote on their mobile phones, from their home or another location.
Winners and finalists will be featured in the November issue of ELEVATOR WORLD and will be notified within ten business days after voting has ended. Voting ends at 5 p.m. (CST), Wednesday, September 8.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any questions.
Welcome to the 2021 Elevator World Photo Contest!
The submission deadline is now over and voting has begun. Voting will end at 5 p.m. ( CST), Friday, September 3.
Send us your best shots and you could win cash and be published in ELEVATOR WORLD magazine! We look forward to viewing the elevator world through your unique lens.
An EW panel of judges will first choose up to 20 finalists from each category after the submission period is complete. Those finalists will then be presented online during the month of Augus-September 2021 where our readers will vote and ultimately decide the best of the best.
The winners and runner-ups from each category will be featured in the November 2021 issue of ELEVATOR WORLD and highlighted online. In addition, ALL qualified submissions will be posted in a special photo contest gallery on elevatorworld.com/media.
First Place Winners in each category can choose one of the following prizes:
- US$150.00 Cash or
- Winner within U.S. - Choose a framing (including shipping) of your winning photo / Winners outside of U.S. receive free framing (shipping additional)
All First, Second & Third Place Finalists Receive:
- Free six-month all-inclusive access to the new www.elevatorworld.com. You will have access to the most recent flip book edition of ELEVATOR WORLD and our new archives section, which currently contains more than 2,o00 fully-searchable articles and technical content.
- Contest entry period begins March 1, 2021 and ends August 13, 2021.
- Photographs must be in high-resolution digital format of at least 300 dpi and in .jpg format. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this contest.
- Photographs must be 2 MB or less and 3,000 x 3,000 pixels or less.
- For photographs to be accepted, you must complete the entry form. Complete a separate form for each photo submitted. All photographs will be credited with the submitter's or photographer's name.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) are also acceptable.
- By entering photos, you grant Elevator World, Inc. an exclusive right to use them in any current or future marketing, media or online platforms. The photographer will be credited on the photo and attempts will be made to notify them.
- Previously submitted photos are not eligible for the 2021 contest.
- Elevator World reserves the right to accept or reject any submissions for not complying with the contest rules.
- NEW: Projects In Action #
- Elevators (Commercial)
- Elevators (Private Residence)
- Escalators & Moving Walks
- Historical & Legacy Equipment
- Machines & Components
- City Skylines & Tall Buildings
- Who Reads Elevator World?***
- Industry Art/Illustrations**
Rules for this category are as follows:
*We reserve the right to use your artwork for cover photos, advertisements, Elevator World marketing, etc. and will credit you as the artist when we do so
**Can be any type of art or illustration, including, but not limited to: hand-drawn, painted, computer-illustrated, etc. Art must be your original work and be industry relevant.
***Don't miss the Who Reads EW? category where readers send their best and unique photos reading any of Elevator World's magazines!
#New category for 2021. Showcase your team by sending us photos of them in action! Photos can include elevator/escalator modernizations, construction/installations, service/repair, inspections, manufacturing, etc.